Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

New Laptop!

About a week ago, I received a Macbook Pro 13-inch laptop as an early birthday present. I used to own  the older version of the MacBook Air (not the new miniature version) but it was getting old and the screen was gradually losing color and quality. So my dad gave my old computer to my younger brother Alec and I got the Pro.

I noticed many changes and differences in the two laptops. One may think to have the same old computer and download the new software, but it ends up using more money than just buying a completely new device and having all the software already existing. Some applications cost a lot of money and end up not being complete and fun to use because the computer does not have enough space for the application to be good quality.

The MacBook Pro has a very sleek design, and I actually think it's the same weight as my old computer, if not lighter. The MacBook Air's goal is to be simple for travel and portable, but the Pro still ends up much easier to carry. I got the Air when it first came out, and it was around $1500 to $1800. The MacBook Pro retails for $1200 and can be bought for even less in New condition on places like eBay and Amazon.

On the MacBook Air, it was too thin for many things. For example, on my old computer, I could not insert disks because the laptop was not thick enough. Now the MacBook Pro offers many more options since it's a bit thicker without being too extremely fat.

The computer picks up wiFi pretty nicely. In Cape Cod, the wiFi was always terrible and wouldn't work in any areas of the house but the Pro gives nice wiFi from the whole house. The computer is also pretty fast and allows easy get-around for the owner.

The MacBook Pro offers many more applications like Mission Control and Launchpad which allow the owner to get a look at the computer. Mission Control lets the viewer notice all that is open and Launchpad lets the viewer look at the computer like it's an iPad or iPhone and notice the applications and really see everything on the entire screen. iPhoto also recognizes faces which is cool!

If you want a more in-depth review on this computer, definitely request it and I might be able to put it up on my YouTube channel, rcwashecka!

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG that is awesome, Rory! I am super duper happy for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete