Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Candles!

I don't know why, but lately I've been having an obsession with candles! I just got an order from Candles by Victoria (candlesbyvictoria.com) and have decided that they are my favorites by far! They are hand poured and handmade candles that smell amazing and make the room smell great.

I own Yankee Candles (which I prefer for the holidays) and Bath & Body Works Candles. I had never even heard of CBV until I noticed many videos up on YouTube about it. I checked out the website and decided to order a couple candles. The thing that annoys me is the shipping price. Even though I live in the US, shipping was $9! I definitely think that the candles were well-worth it. A Strawberry Lemonade scent shot that I hadn't even ordered (scent shots will be explained in a moment) came in with it, and I decided I enjoyed the scent. I think I'm going to get that in my next order, along with a Bakery scent and Lemon Vanilla (that's my favorite scent from Bath & Body Works).

Scent shots are small samples of candles without wicks. You can get a tart melter which makes it so the scent shot makes the room smell like it! Scent shots are only $2, but you can also buy a package of them for a better deal. They are a great way to test a scent out for a low price!

I only bought three candles from CBV. I was pleased with all of them and they smelled better than I expected. I first bought the 16 oz. country jar candle in Summer Sorbet. It smells like melon with a hint of cucumbers and pineapple to me. This scent is kind of iffy at first, but once burned, it smells great!

I also bought a Mini Jelly Jar candle in the scent Apple Cinnamon Butter. This scent smells a bit strong, but really goes across the room and makes it smell like perfect autumn! I bought this during the summertime, but still think it rocks for any season.

Lastly, I got a CBV Surprise Candle which is a mix of different scents. As the candle gets burned more, different scents are revealed. I thought it was so cool for just a small price!

I definitely hope you guys check out Candles by Victoria. The candles are great and well worth the money (they are inexpensive normally, the shipping just adds to the cost). I'd definitely recommend buying from them!

No comments:

Post a Comment